Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Meet Amy Kinsch (AKDlampwork)

Bead Art Originals welcomes Amy Kinsch! Amy is the artist behind AKDlampwork, where you'll find beautiful lampwork beads that Amy says she creates in her "spare" time.

Amy's glass addiction began a few years ago when, after seeing her drool all over the pretty beads and gorgeous colors she found online, her husband Wally bought her a torch so she could make them herself.

A self-described animal lover, Amy lives in California surrounded by cats and lots of other critters. You can read all about Amy, Wally, their critters, and their business(es) on The Chatterbox.

In addition to managing her Etsy shop and making lampworked beads, Amy and Wally own a rubber stamp company called Beeswax.
Visit Amy's Etsy shop, AKDlampwork, to see more of her bead artistry.



After you've finished drooling over Amy's work, stop back here to wish her a happy birthday! It's only a couple of days away, but I'm sure she won't mind receiving an early greeting or two.

10 comments:

Melody Marie Murray August 12, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

I absolutely adore Amy's work. When I first saw her Tropical Breeze Sea Pod in a treasury, I said I loved it so much I wanted to marry it. I stand by that assertion.

Happy birthday, Amy!

Carol Dean Sharpe August 12, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

I knew Amy's beads were beautiful (just look at them!) but I had no idea just HOW BEAUTIFUL until I got "a bead of my own." Wow.

Smadar's Treasure August 12, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

I love Amy's beads! Her color combinations are just gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing this info about her and her work :)

Smadar

Malodora August 12, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Not only are Amy's beads luscious, miniature works of art, but her rubber stamp company is one of my very favorites.

dee

Dawn Chastain August 12, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

It was a pleasure to learn a little more about you Amy. Your beads are certainly on my "covet" list, They are such beautiful works of art!!

Anna August 12, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

Gorgeous beads! Beautiful! And happy early birthday Amy!!

MAKUstudio August 12, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

Nice to meet you Amy!!! Happy early birthday! Your lampwork beads are to die for! Absolutely stunning!

SarahKelley August 13, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

There's nothing not to love about Amy's work! Stunning!
I almost always gravite toward smooth beads, her textures and soothing colors are fabulous exception!

Unknown August 14, 2008 at 2:06 AM  

Amy's work is stunning!!!! I drool over her beads all the time! :-)
Hope you are having a wonderful birthday and wishing you a wonderful successful year ahead!!! :-)

Swanee August 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Amy! Your beads are so beautiful, and I feel calm gazing at them. I hope to own my own AKDlampwork bead some day!