Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Meet Sarah Kelley (thebeadedlily)

Bead Art Originals welcomes Sarah Kelley! Sarah is the artist behind the Etsy shop called thebeadedlily, and the creator of eclectic jewelry for eclectic people.

Sarah describes herself as a self-taught southern gal with a needle, a pair of pliers and an intense love for art, beads and jewelry. She's been beading for almost 15 years but beadweaving for less than two years. Sarah loves to work with different materials, learn new techniques, and give free reign to her imagination. Her simpler items are as unique as the beads in them, so no two are exactly alike; and anything more complex is likely one of a kind.

From Sarah: "I believe that uniformity and conformity are overrated, that less is less, in the value of the unique, individual, ornamental and simple, and in the humanity of art."

Sarah doesn't have a website (yet!), but be sure to check out thebeadedlily blog and Sarah's flickr photostream.


Here's just a sampling of some of the beautiful work you can find in Sarah's Etsy shop, thebeadedlily:

13 comments:

SarahKelley July 22, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

Whoa!
Thank you!
I'm so excited to be the first featured artist on this lovely blog!
I'm so glad I subscribed;)

Melody Marie Murray July 22, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

I love Sarah's work. She's so free and her designs are organic and lovely.

Carol Dean Sharpe July 22, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Sarah is fearless, which is not the least of things I love about her and her work!

AKDesigns July 22, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

Oh your art is just YUMMY!

GrandmaMarilyn July 22, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Doesn't Sarah do wonderful work. She fits right in there with the rest of you.

Unknown July 22, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Sarah is a wonderful artist and her pieces are all so beautiful, so creative, and so much fun!

M.J. Mullins July 23, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

I love the complexity of her pieces - the eye fairly dances on her surfaces. Wonderful.

MAKUstudio July 23, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

So fabulous! Your work is amazingly creative!

Unknown July 23, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

beautiful and original!!! :-)

Swanee July 23, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

Sarah, did I ever tell you how much I love your Catkill Cuff? Well, I just love it!!

Smadar's Treasure July 24, 2008 at 4:49 AM  

I love Sara's work - it's colorful, unusual and original!

Smadar

Jean Hutter July 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Great post, I too love Sara's work -she is so very talented with a great eye for color!

Dawn Chastain July 26, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

So nice to meet you Sarah, I can see that you love the beach and ocean by your work. I was born to be on the beach!!so of course I love your work!