Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BeadsandWeaves' Proudest Creations

MistryRidgeBeads is now selling her bead art in her BeadsandWeaves store, in case you were wondering about the new name.

We've asked our Bead Art Original members to tell us about their "proudest creations." In this post, BeadsandWeaves tells us about hers, in her own words:

We all love the things we create with our own hands, so it has been difficult to choose a favorite. I keep returning to this triple spiral bracelet. My inspiration for this bracelet began with the vermeil tulip caps that I purchased on a whim -- without having a clue how I would use them!

They stayed in my stash until the following Spring. There in my garden, the tulips bloomed alongside their tall twisting and spiraling leaves. This spiral bracelet was born from that vision! The colors I selected include the greens and yellows of Spring, and also colors that I associate with Autumn -- bronze and dark raspberry purples. Many pleasant hours where spent weaving the bracelet, the tiny beaded bead accents, and the beaded covers for the magnetic clasp. In writing “many pleasant hours” above, I realize why I chose this bracelet as my favorite. There were no “arghh” moments while I wove this bracelet! It was as if it wanted to be made. Love that when it happens!


Looking inside my personal jewelry box, I find that there are two pieces of beadwoven jewelry that I wear time and again. Both of them are spirals. A single spiral necklace and a spiral necklace that converts into a wrapped bracelet. The triple spiral bracelet now graces the wrist of a fellow Etsian who loves beadweaving, so writing this is inspiring me to create another triple spiral! What colors will I choose … perhaps winter whites with crystals and silver reflecting the snow and ice or perhaps the rich browns, tans, and pale sage greens of the winter trees covered in lichen? What colors would you choose?

6 comments:

MAKUstudio January 27, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Lovely! I would choose the winter whites with crystals and silver. Beautiful work!

Melody Marie Murray January 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Mmm, gorgeous. And I would chose the winter trees covered in lichen!

Janice January 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

Gorgeous bracelet! I also would choose the winter trees covered in lichens!

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

I am partial to browns and tans of winter trees with bits of bright green of prematurely emerging spring foliage. There is something sad yet promising in that combination. Love your bracelet!

Jean Hutter January 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Awesome triple spiral and I love the tulip caps - everything works so well together - the colors, the caps, the clasp - great bracelet.

Smadar's Treasure January 31, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

It's a beautiful bracelet and the caps are really inspiring. I would choose crystals and silver for your next spiral bracelet.