Thursday, January 22, 2009

thebeadedlily's Proudest Creation

We've asked our Bead Art Original members to tell us about their "proudest creations." In this post, thebeadedlily tells us about hers, in her own words:

The herringbone in Barbary Coast is woven in 8 shades of Miyuki gunmetal, steel, charcoal and grey. The beadwork is almost all you feel when the piece is worn.

All of the teeth are fossils so no sharks were harmed in the making of this cuff. The gorgeous mako tooth is gem-polished and just over 2 inches (5.5cm) long. The 8 bull teeth are about an inch (2.5cm). All metal is sterling.

Why this one? I think because I loved the process as much as the outcome and because it was so educational. I learned much about sharks, teeth and fossils-- and I love to learn.

It was pretty frustrationless too. I had the idea, but was unsure how to execute it, still everything went pretty smoothly once I started to work. So I have only good memories of this one!

It's also one of my more unique creations and extremely bold.

And it turned out so beautifully.


6 comments:

Anna January 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

This piece is so wild and primitive and gorgeous! I can see why you enjoyed the process and learning all the details as you created it.

Anonymous January 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

I've had my eye on this ever since I first saw it. It is wonderful on so many different levels!

Melody Marie Murray January 22, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

I do so love this piece!

njemacreative January 23, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

this is a fabulous piece - loved since I first saw it! Of course, I'm a sucker for fossilized things and wild creatures.

Smadar's Treasure January 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

It's a wonderful piece and it was the one that draw my attention to your unique, inspiring style, which I like very much!

MAKUstudio January 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

Totally cool! Love the fossils!