Wednesday, January 28, 2009

humblebeads' Proudest Creation

We've asked our Bead Art Original members to tell us about their "proudest creations." In this post, humblebeads tells us about hers, in her own words:


I created these beads from a real sea urchin that I picked up in a little shop called Mermaid Pier. I love all things related to the beach and sea.

When I created these beads it was to hold on to the memories of the ocean from our Bead Cruises. Whether it was snorkeling in Cozumel, swimming with sting rays in the Grand Caymen Islands or just sitting under a beach umbrella while the waves lapped at our feet in Costa Maya, each encounter with the ocean is a jewel that I treasure. Each time I create these beads I'm transported back to those times. It's a little bit of summer to wear during these cold and deary months.


My sea urchin bead can be seen in the first issue of Bead Star magazine. To see more design ideas using this bead visit my blog.

7 comments:

Melody Marie Murray January 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Those are wondrous beads indeed.

SarahKelley January 28, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

I love these-- they're totally on my list of one-day-must-haves!

Janice January 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

These are definitely my favorites by Heather. Their colors are just divine. Oh urchins . . . take me away! (Ok, I'm really scaring myself!) :o)

MAKUstudio January 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Love these! Beautiful work! So nice to remember the good times!

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

I've always loved these beads.

Swanee January 29, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

These are so cute! I would love to see pictures or watch a video of you creating them!

Smadar's Treasure January 31, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

They are so beautiful!