Friday, January 23, 2009

SmadarsTreasure's Proudest Creation

We've asked our Bead Art Original members to tell us about their "proudest creations." In this post, SmadarsTreasure tells us about hers, in her own words:


This is the first freeform necklace I made. I had so much fun creating it. I picked some beads of different kinds and let myself beadweave rather fast, without any other preparations or planning…

It was just the enjoyment of free beadweaving for me and I really liked how the necklace turned out. I was also so happy when this necklace was sold, because it was the first sale I had in my newborn Etsy shop!

4 comments:

Melody Marie Murray January 23, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

It's a lovely piece!

Anonymous January 24, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

Don't you just love it when our materials tell us what to do. It's such a wonderful synergy.

MAKUstudio January 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Really beautiful! Congrats on the sale!

Swanee January 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

I am so glad you said, "...let myself beadweave rather fast ..." That is going to be my mantra. I spend far too much thinking about every bead and every stitch resulting in beader's block! Your quickly woven necklace turned out beautiful, and none of us will forget our first Etsy sale! :)