Sunday, January 25, 2009

MAKUstudio's Proudest Creation

We've asked our Bead Art Original members to tell us about their "proudest creations." In this post, MAKUstudio tells us about hers, in her own words:

This raku pendant which I created is one that makes me most proud! It definitely speaks to me.

The raku glaze colors came out just right in the firing…the kiln gods were definitely smiling! It makes me proud to know that it will be featured in a local Arizona subscriber section in Vogue, Lucky and Allure magazines in March. It makes me proud to know that the photograph that I took accentuated the qualities of the piece so well. It also brings me much joy to know that it was purchased by someone who appreciates my work and will enjoy it for years to come. That is when I am truly inspired.  



6 comments:

Melody Marie Murray January 25, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

It is a wonderful piece! Thanks for featuring it. :-)

Smadar's Treasure January 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

Congrats on the publication! It's a gorgeous pendant :)

MAKUstudio January 25, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

Thanks for the feature! I'm not much of a writer! So proud to be a part of the BAO!

Janice January 25, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

I'm a big fan of MAK's work and this necklace is just one of the many reasons. I love that raku! Congratulations on your publications!

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Everything about that piece is just perfect! Congratulations on the recognition.

Swanee January 28, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

Congratulations on being published in those popular magazines! Your star must be shining high in the sky! Your pendant has the look of being made by the "ancients", and I love it! Bet your customer can't take five steps without being stopped by someone who wants to gaze and inquire about the artist who created such beauty!