Saturday, January 31, 2009

thejadedog's Proudest Creation

We've asked our Bead Art Original members to tell us about their "proudest creations." In this post, thejadedog tells us about hers, in her own words:

I was very disciplined when making this piece. I scheduled time every day for a month to complete it by a self-imposed deadline. I had no set idea what the finished purse would look like, and just let it grow as I stitched. With this work I taught myself herringbone for the strap covering, and the peacock itself was my first attempt at embroidery.



I completed this piece in October 2005 and it was a finalist in Bead Dreams 2006. It sold September 2008.

8 comments:

Melody Marie Murray January 31, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

It is glorious!

SarahKelley January 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

I've always loved this piece!

Anonymous January 31, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

A prize and a sale. It doesn't get better than that! It is a beautiful piece. I'm so glad to hear the story behind it.

Smadar's Treasure January 31, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

It's a beautiful piece! Can't believe it's your first attempt at embroidery and herringbone - it's just perfect!

Janice February 1, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

The beadwork is not only stunning but I also love the way you embellished this purse. It has such a nice texturous look to it. And a great lesson in discipline and focus - congratulations! Thanks for sharing its history.

Anonymous February 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Thank you everyone! You made my night.

:) D

MAKUstudio February 4, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Absolutely stunning!!!

Swanee February 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

I remember the first time I saw this bag. My eyes scoured every little bit of it, enjoying all the detail that you wove. Now, I'm so amazed that you were able to complete it within a month. The bag is amazing, and you are amazing!